At Language Town, we have a range of packages which we have developed to enhance pupils’ learning in a fun, authentic and engaging way.
As well as learning about the topic area and learning new vocabulary, pupils will…
• practise their communication skills
• learn about the culture of the country
• develop time management skills
• practise solving problems
Pupils have to work as a team to complete a set of tasks within fifty minutes (years 6-8) or sixty minutes (years 4-5). Pupils are given instructions and information, which they must read carefully to complete the tasks successfully. There is also a bonus task to win more points. Teams must work independently. Time penalties are added for; poor/off-task behaviour and any advice or answers they are given by an adult. Each team is given a task card, which is stamped each time a task is successfully completed and they will receive a number to unlock the padlock to the prize box. Once a team has completed all the tasks, they have the chance to unlock the code to the box and win the prize inside.
On the day
- To begin, all pupils will take part in a starter task to revise key vocabulary they will need to complete the tasks.
- Pupils will be put into a group of five or six. They will be given instructions and information, which they must read carefully to complete the tasks successfully. There is also a bonus task to win more points.
- Teams must work independently. Time penalties are added for any poor/off-task behaviour.
- Each team is given a task card, which will be stamped each time a task is successfully completed.
- There is a prize for the first team finished, as well as the team who completes the tasks the best.
The following topics are currently available for ‘tempus fugit.’
Festivals (Years 4-6)
Fiestas (Years 4-6)
Activity duration: 1 hour 45 minutes (we can deliver up to 3 sessions in 1 school day)
Cost: £195 (other prices available for 2 or 3 sessions delivered in the same day)
Please click here for Frequently Asked Questions https://languagetown.co.uk/faqescaperooms/
- Murder Mystery
- STEM (combing STEM and language skills)